Thursday 16 July 2015

SIASA, TANZANIA.



Dodoma. CCM stalwart Pancras Ndejembi has challenged Monduli MP and former Prime Minister Edward Lowassa to publicly declare his support for the ruling party’s presidential candidate, Dr John Magufuli.
Speaking at his Uzunguni home yesterday, Mr Ndejembi, said he was among those who were supporting Mr Lowassa and he believed that the former premier was capable of leading the country successfully.
However, since his party has already decided otherwise he has already forgotten about his support for Lowassa and he has thrown his weight behind the candidate nominated by the party.
He gave the statement amid speculations and rumours that Mr Lowassa was thinking of decamping to the Opposition to show his discontent over the way CCM treated him because he believes that he was an aspirant with biggest support.
“It is not a secret that I supported Lowassa; I was exercising my democratic right. But I cannot leave CCM simply because the aspirant I was supporting has not been nominated. I will stay in CCM and Magufuli is my candidate,” he said adding:
“Our party has its regulations and system which must be respected. All members are supposed to trust and respect decisions made by the party. I would like to appeal to Mr Lowassa not to decamp, he will lose his respect and trust.” He said, as a CCM Trustees he was not barred to support one aspirants and that is why he earlier supported Mr Lowassa.

No comments:

Post a Comment